At Coogan Gallagher, we have more than 80 years of combined experience representing the rights of injured people throughout the Chicago area. When it comes to burn injuries, the damages you suffer are likely to be severe. You may require months of hospitalization as you undergo painful medical procedures while facing the prospect of permanent disabilities.
According to the American Burn Association (ABA), nearly 500,000 people suffer burn injuries each year. As dedicated Chicago burn injury lawyers, we represent those who have suffered serious burns as the result of the following:
- Motor vehicle accidents, involving contact with spilled fluids and hot engine parts
- Work related accidents, caused by contact with electrical currents, harsh chemicals, radiation, or other toxic substances
- Defective products, involving loose wiring, overheated surfaces, and sudden flames or explosions
- Commercial and residential fires, caused by the negligence of property owners
- Construction Site injuries, including work with electrical equipment or exposed wires or electrical leads
In any of the above cases, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses and future expenses through an insurance claim or by filing a personal injury lawsuit.